Spring Ahead with Motivated Action on Monday, March 12th
What is Spring Forward Monday? It’s a special day for improving productivity, increasing employee engagement and promoting learning and new ideas for moving forward.
When is it? Monday, March 12, 2018, (the day following Sunday’s Spring Forward time change on March 11th).
Who should do it? If you are a Supervisor or Manager, this is for you! Take the initiative and create Spring Forward Monday with your employees. Gather your people together and inspire them in a learning quest, be it through a “hands-on” learning experience or by inviting them to share their ideas for improvements.
Why do it? The purpose of Spring Forward Monday is to take this normally lackluster day (due to the resulting negative affect from the previous day’s time change) and turn it into a day of energy and motivation that will make a valuable difference for everyone involved.
How does it work?
- Facilitate a session that gets people talking about what they feel could work better and how. This is motivating and engaging and great ideas can come from it.
- Introduce some serious and fun learning by setting up teams to play a board game or simulation. People are motivated by active learning experiences.
- Shake up the workplace by doing something outside of the usual daily routine. Even a simple meeting that involves food can stimulate people!
- Inspire people by doing something positive with them.
Spring Forward Monday’s outcome will make a difference, not only in that day’s energy level but also for the future, because great and valuable ideas happen when people are invited to share their perspective or enjoy a solid learning experience together.
There are lots of ideas out there for getting people involved, giving them learning experiences and turning a “blah” day into a motivating day!
If you’d like some solid ideas for creating your own workplace’s Spring Forward Monday, we offer some tools and ideas that are worth using:
- Try our Stupidly Simple Square Wheels Facilitation Toolkit that includes everything needed to ensure your success at facilitating a productive and safe session that will promote involvement and a sharing of ideas.
- Join The Square Wheels Project, an online learning platform where you’ll receive both the tools and the training for generating interactive discussions around ideas and opportunities for improvements.
- Use one of our team building exercises such as The Collaboration Journey Challenge or The Search for The Lost Dutchman’s Gold Mine.These games put participants in situations that link to their real-life work scenarios and offer excellent learning outcomes
Turn Monday, March 12, 2018, into a superb day by planning an engaging approach to learning and creating a happier and, thereby, more productive workplace!
For the FUN of It!
Dr. Scott Simmerman is a designer of team building games and organization improvement tools focused on people and performance. Managing Partner of Performance Management Company since 1984, he is a globally experienced presenter and consultant.
Learn more about Scott at his LinkedIn site.
Square Wheels® is a registered trademark of Performance Management Company
LEGO® is a trademark of The LEGO® Group®
Also published on Medium.